Volunteer to Employee Check
You need an Employee Check to do paid child-related work. Employee Checks are valid for both paid and volunteer child-related work, for five years.
You can change your Volunteer Check to Employee by following the steps below.
After you have completed your application for an Employee Check, your Volunteer Check will be cancelled and you will receive a new application number. Give this number to the organisations you do child-related work with to show them you have changed your Check type to Employee.
How do I change from a Volunteer to an Employee Check?
- Register for access to MyCheck, then log in and select ‘Volunteer to Employee Check’.
- If you have renewed your Check previously, upload a new photo.
- Confirm or update your personal, contact and organisation/s details.
- Pay the non-refundable Employee Check fee by credit card.
A new photo that is less than 12 months old is required for your card. Photos that do not meet the following requirements will be rejected.
You need to:
- face the camera with your head straight not tilted
- only show your head and shoulders
- have your eyes open
- have a neutral expression on your face
- be in front of a plain, light-coloured background.
You can wear:
- glasses if you normally wear them
- apparel covering your hair if you do so for religious or medical reasons.
- jpg or jpeg format
- a minimum 406 x 521 pixels
- less than 5MB in size
- sharp focus
- strong contrast between face and background
- well lit with no shadows
- less than 12 months old.