Volunteer to Employee Check
You need an Employee Check to do paid child-related work. Employee Checks are valid for both paid and volunteer child-related work, for five years.
How do I change from a Volunteer to an Employee Check?
- Register for access to MyCheck, then log in and select ‘Volunteer to Employee Check’.
- If you have renewed your Check previously, upload a new photo.
- Confirm or update your personal, contact and organisation/s details.
- Pay the non-refundable Employee Check fee by credit card.
A new photo that is less than 12 months old is required for your card. It is recommended that you obtain a professional photo. Photos that do not meet the following requirements will be rejected.
You need to:
- face the camera with your head straight not tilted
- only show your head and shoulders
- have your eyes open
- have a neutral expression on your face
- be in front of a plain, light-coloured background.
You can wear:
- glasses if you normally wear them
- apparel covering your hair if you do so for religious or medical reasons.
- jpg or jpeg format
- a minimum 406 x 521 pixels
- less than 5MB in size
- sharp focus
- strong contrast between face and background
- well lit with no shadows
- less than 12 months old.