You must always keep your details up to date.
By law, you must notify the Department of Justice within 21 days of any changes to your personal and contact details, and the details of existing, and new organisations that engage you in child-related work.
Update the following details online using MyCheck:
- your address
- your phone numbers (work, home or mobile)
- your email address
- organisation details
- occupational category codes.
Paper ‘Change of Details’ forms are no longer accepted by the department. Please update your details online.
To record a change of sex please write to the department providing:
- your name. If you have changed your name, attach a completed Change of name form.
- the title you wish the department to use in correspondence
- your address and contact phone numbers
- any one of the following
- a statement on letterhead from a registered medical practitioner or registered psychologist certifying your circumstances for example intersex, undergoing gender transitioning, indeterminate or gender diverse
- a certificate recognising your altered sex from a State or Territory authority or Birth, Deaths and Marriages
- a current passport with details of your altered sex