You must always keep your details up to date.
By law, you must notify the Department of Justice & Regulation within 21 days of any changes to your personal and contact details, and the details of existing, and new organisations that engage you in child-related work.
Register for a MyCheck account and login to update your:
- phone numbers (work, home or mobile)
- email address
- organisation details
- occupational fields.
Paper ‘Change of Details’ forms are no longer accepted by the department. Please update your details online.
To record a change of sex please write to the department providing:
- your name. If you have changed your name, attach a completed Change of name form.
- the title you wish the department to use in correspondence
- your address and contact phone numbers
- any one of the following:
- a statement on letterhead from a registered medical practitioner or registered psychologist certifying your circumstances, for example intersex, undergoing gender transitioning, indeterminate or gender diverse
- a certificate recognising your altered sex from a State or Territory authority or Birth, Deaths and Marriages
- a current passport with details of your altered sex