If you have kept your contact details up to date, we will send a reminder 28 days before your card expires by email, SMS or letter.
Renew your card before it expires to continue doing child-related work. You can renew your card up to six months before its expiry.
It is illegal to do child-related work after your card expires, however, you can renew your card online up to three months after its expiry. After this time, if you still need a Check, you will need to complete a new application.
How do I renew my Check?
- Register for access to MyCheck, then login and select ‘Renew my Check’.
- The online form will tell you if you need to upload a new photo. If required, your digital photo must meet the requirements listed below.
- Confirm or update your personal, contact and organisation details.
- If applying for an Employee Check, pay the non-refundable fee by credit card. Volunteer Checks are free.
When do I need a new photo?
If you have renewed your card before or changed from a Volunteer to an Employee card, you will need to upload a new photo as part of your renewal application.
A new photo that is less than 12 months old is required for your card. Photos that do not meet the following requirements will be rejected.
You need to:
- face the camera with your head straight not tilted
- only show your head and shoulders
- have your eyes open
- have a neutral expression on your face
- be in front of a plain, light-coloured background.
You can wear:
- glasses if you normally wear them
- apparel covering your hair if you do so for religious or medical reasons.
- jpg or jpeg format
- a minimum 406 x 521 pixels
- less than 5MB in size
- sharp focus
- strong contrast between face and background
- well lit with no shadows
- less than 12 months old.