Top navigation

You are here:

Apply for a Check

Not sure if you need a Check?

Not everyone who works around children needs a Check. Some exemptions apply. Answer the questions in the quiz 'Do I need a Check?' to work out if you need one.

Ministers of religion must meet the special requirements regarding their work under the the Working with Children Act 2005 ('the Act'). For details go to Who needs a Check?

Where will you lodge your application?

In Victoria?

Fill in the online form then finalise your application at a participating Victorian Australia Post retail outlet.

From interstate?

By waiting until you move to Victoria you will save money and find the application process easier. Alternatively read the

instructions for interstate applicants as you need to have multiple documents certified before mailing them to the department.

You can only lodge an application from within Australia.

Have you applied for a Check before?

If you have a Check and need to renew go to Renew your Check.

If you have a Volunteer Check and need an Employee Check go to Volunteer to Employee Check.