The Working with Children Check card is valid for five years unless surrendered or revoked. We’ll send you a reminder email, text or letter in the mail 28 days before your card expires.
When should I renew my card?
You can renew your card online from six months before its expiry date until three months after it has expired.
It’s illegal to do child-related work after your card expires unless you’ve lodged your renewal, or you now qualify for an exemption (see our 'When you don't need a Check' page). If you still intend to do child-related work after your card has expired, you’ll need to start a new application.
How do I renew my card?
To renew your card online, follow these easy steps:
- Log in or register for your MyCheck account
- Select ‘Renew my Check’ from the dashboard
- We will let you know if you need to upload a new photo (if you do, your digital photo must meet the requirements listed below)
- Confirm or update your personal, contact and organisation details
- If you’re applying for an Employee Check, pay the non-refundable fee using your Visa or Mastercard debit or credit card (Volunteer Checks are free).