Use the links below to access information related to the Working with Children Check (the Check) on other websites.
Related to the Check
- Australia Post (External link)
Not all Australia Post outlets accept applications for a Working with Children Check. Use this link to find an outlet where you can lodge your application.
- Child Employment Act 2003 at Business Victoria (External link)
Supervisors of child employees must pass the Working with Children Check before starting to work with children. If you supervise a child under the age of 15, go to this website for information about your obligations.
- Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (External link)
If you have received a Negative Notice, you may be able to appeal the decision to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT). The website provides information about VCAT and how to make an application to the tribunal.
Agencies connected with the Check
- Commission for Children and Young People (External link)
Organisations that care or provide services for children are required to provide safe environments that protect children from harm. The Commission for Children and Young People has been established to promote continuous improvement and innovation in policies and practices relating to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people generally, and in particular those who are vulnerable.
- Department of Health and Human Services (External link)
The Department of Health and Human Services provides services for children and young people. Information from the Department of Health and Human Services’ Child Protection Services Unit is used to assess some applications for a Check.
- Victorian Institute of Teaching (External link)
The Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) is the professional body that regulates teaching in Victoria. The Department of Justice and Regulation can consider professional conduct reports by VIT when assessing your application. Teachers registered with VIT are exempt from the Check unless their registration has been suspended or cancelled.
- Victorian Legislation and Parliamentary Documents (External link)
Use this website to access Victorian parliamentary documents, Bills under consideration, Victorian Acts and Statutory rules.
Checks for people who work with children in other states and territories
- Australian Capital Territory Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011 (External link)
ACT Working With Vulnerable People (Background Checking)
- New South Wales Working with Children Check (External link)
NSW Working With Children Check
- Northern Territory Ochre Card (External link)
Northern Territory Working With Children Clearance
- Queensland Blue Card (External link)
Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian Blue Card
- South Australia Child Safe Environments (External link)
Department for Education and Child Development
- Tasmania Working with Children Registration (External link)
Tasmania Department of Justice
- Western Australia Working with Children Check (External link)
Child Safe Services WA Working With Children Check