Top navigation

You are here:

Update your details

By law, you must notify us within 21 days of any changes to your personal, contact and organisation's details.

You can update your:

You can now do this through Service Victoria. It's a new Victorian Government website bringing different services together in one place.

Alternatively, you can register for access to MyCheck, then login to update your details.


Change of name
You will not be able to update your name online. To change the name on your card, download and fill in a Change of name form. Post the completed form and a certified copy of a document that demonstrates the link between your current and previous name, to the department.


Change of sex

To record a change of sex please write to the department providing:

  • your name. If you have changed your name, attach a completed Change of name form.
  • your address and contact phone numbers
  • any one of the following:
    • a statement on letterhead from a registered medical practitioner or registered psychologist certifying your circumstances. For example intersex, undergoing gender transitioning, indeterminate or gender diverse
    • a certificate recognising your altered sex from Births, Deaths and Marriages or any other recognised authority in Australia or overseas
    • a current passport with details of your altered sex.  


Change from Volunteer to Employee Check

You need an Employee Check to do paid child-related work. Employee Checks are valid for both paid and volunteer child-related work. Volunteer Checks are only valid for volunteer child-related work. Both Checks are valid for five years.
If you hold a current Volunteer Check and need an Employee Check, you can make this change online. Fees apply. For more information go to Volunteer to Employee Check.