By law, you must notify us within 21 days of any changes to your personal, contact and organisation's details.
You can update your:
- phone numbers (work, home or mobile)
- email address
- organisation details
- occupational fields
You can now do this through Service Victoria. It's a new Victorian Government website bringing different services together in one place.
Alternatively, you can register for access to MyCheck and then login to update your details.
To record a change of sex please write to the department providing:
- your name. If you have changed your name, attach a completed Change of name form.
- your address and contact phone numbers
- any one of the following:
- a statement on letterhead from a registered medical practitioner or registered psychologist certifying your circumstances. For example intersex, undergoing gender transitioning, indeterminate or gender diverse
- a certificate recognising your altered sex from Births, Deaths and Marriages or any other recognised authority in Australia or overseas
- a current passport with details of your altered sex.
You need an Employee Check to do paid child-related work. Employee Checks are valid for both paid and volunteer child-related work. Volunteer Checks are only valid for volunteer child-related work. Both Checks are valid for five years.
If you hold a current Volunteer Check and need an Employee Check, you can make this change online. Fees apply. For more information go to Volunteer to Employee Check.