Your Working with Children Check card can be suspended. During the term of the suspension, you cannot do child-related work.
Your Check will be suspended if you:
- are charged with, convicted, or found guilty of any sexual, violent or drug offence specified in clause 2 of Schedule 3 of the Working with Children Act 2005, or
- become subject to reporting obligations or orders under:
- Part 3 of the Sex Offenders Registration Act 2004
- the Serious Sex Offenders Monitoring Act 2005
- the Serious Sex Offenders (Detention and Supervision) Act 2009.
For more information, go to List of offences.
Until a reassessment of your Check is complete, your Check remains suspended, and you cannot do child-related work.
Your Check may be reinstated if a charge against you is withdrawn, struck out, or you are acquitted by a court.