The Check status function allows you to quickly and easily check the status of a nominated person’s Working with Children (WWC) Check card or application receipt.
The Check status function displays the application’s or card:
- current status, for example: ‘has passed the Check’
- type (employee or volunteer)
- expiry date of a card.
The Check status function does not reveal any information about a person’s:
- criminal history or disciplinary findings by professional bodies
- contact details
- nominated organisations
- date of birth.
What types of status messages appear?
- WWCC Card number XXXXXXXX-01 is a current (volunteer/employee) Assessment Notice which expires on dd/mm/yyyy
- WWCC Application/WWCC Card number XXXXXXXX-01(volunteer/employee) and this surname combination is not valid
- WWCC Application XXXXXXXX (volunteer/employee) is being processed
What information do I need to check the status of an application or card?
- the application receipt number, located on the top right corner of the receipt, for applications that are being processed
- the card number if a WWC Check card has been issued
- the person’s surname (as written on the application form or their WWC Check card).
What is the difference between the receipt number and the WWC Check card number?
Your WWC Check card number is your application number followed by a hyphen and 2 digits. These 2 digits indicate how many cards you have held. For example, a replacement card would be ‘02’.