Top navigation

You are here:

Withdrawing your application

You can withdraw your application for a Working with Children Check (Check) any time up until your application is finalised or you have been issued with an Interim Negative Notice. Please note the application fee is non-refundable.

The Department of Justice and Community Safety may request information from you regarding your application. If you fail to provide this, your application will be withdrawn and the fee will not be refunded.

How to withdraw your application

You can request the department to withdraw your application in writing by providing your:

Post your request to:

Working with Children Check Unit
Department of Justice and Community Safety
GPO Box 1915
Melbourne VIC 3001.

The department will acknowledge your request in writing.


After you withdraw your application

If you withdraw your application, it is an offence to do any child-related work unless you qualify for an exemption. 

The department will advise the organisations that engage you in child-related work that you have withdrawn your application.

Any information you provided will be stored and disposed of in accordance with the Public Records Act 1973.


What if I want to re-apply for a Check in the future?
To re-apply, fill out a new application form online, finalise it at a participating Australia Post outlet and pay the application fee if you are applying for an Employee Check.