The Department of Justice and Regulation may request additional information from you when:
- your application form is inaccurate or incomplete
- your photo is not of passport size or quality
- you have failed to provide the correct proof of identity documentation
- you have a criminal history
- an adverse professional conduct report has been made against you.
You will need to respond to the department’s request within a set time. If you fail to respond within the required time, your application will be withdrawn by the department and it will not be assessed.
If you applied for an Employee Working with Children Check (Check) and the department withdraws your application, you will not receive a refund. You will need to lodge another application if you wish to have a Check.
All information you provide the department must be true, complete and correct. It is an offence to provide false or misleading information.
The department also seeks additional information about you from other sources when assessing applications including:
- state, territory and federal police forces
- courts, tribunals and prosecuting authorities
- authorised screening agencies
- health treating professionals
- the Director of Public Prosecutions
- the Department of Health and Human Services
- Corrections Victoria
- employers and other organisations.